Monday, October 21, 2013

Whirlwind of Changes

In my last post, I mentioned some changes in our adoption. I know that left some of you hanging, so I wanted to recap what the last month or so has meant for us bringing Matsy Grace home. I'll try to give the best description I can of our life for the past 2 months.

About 2 months ago, my heart began to hurt for the Congo. I have met a few people adopting from the Congo, but never really thought about adopting from their. I began researching the Congo, realizing the hurt and devastation going on in that nation. I began to pray for the Congolese people, those adopting from the Congo, and the kids there. Several weeks later, I came across fell in love with a little girl on the waiting child list from the Congo. I text my husband a picture and asked him to start praying about her. I really thought this could be our daughter. I contacted the agency she was with, got all of her information, and told them I was going to pray about it. Not knowing much about the agency, I started e-mailing anyone I could find that had used the agency. Unfortunately, I didn't hear great things. I kept praying. I'm still praying for that little girl. I couldn't get a peace about using that agency. My heart was broken. It's so hard to look at the face of a child, know their story, and not bring her home.

God had different plans.

Still praying for the Congo, I wasn't sure what we were supposed to do. I contacted a few agencies with programs in the Congo just to gather information. We have been married a little over 4 years, and the Congo program technically says you should be married 5 years to adopt from there. Many times, they will give you permission if you are close to the 5 year mark. However, with the agency we really liked, they said they would only accept couples that had been married 5 years. She asked if I was interested in their Ethiopia program. I said, "Not really, but you can tell me about it if you would like." Well......

In the meantime, the Congo closed exit permits. I feel sure that God knew that there would be people sitting in the Congo that needed my prayers. They are there to bring home their children- but they can't until the government their decides to issue exit permits again- which could be up to a year. Through learning about their conditions, I have learned to hurt with them. Isn't it amazing how we can talk to God and plead with him for help for people literally on the other side of the world!?!

We prayed more...

And we are switching agencies.

We are still adopting from Ethiopia. And that is where our Matsy Grace lives. We have a peace about that and are so thankful that God has made it evident the decisions we should make when we asked for His guidance.

The biggest change is the timeline. This process moves faster with our new agency. They are much smaller than our old agency.

This is the biggest part of the emotional rollercoaster that adoption can often bring.

Our family is about to GROW again! However, we thought we would have about 3 years to raise the necessary funds. Now it's looking like the whole process will take 12-15 months... to be HOME... and several fees are due along the way.

It's so sad to a mommy that money is the biggest obstacle to bringing a child home. I had a blog post in my head called The Fundraising Blues. That's how I feel these days. But, God always gives you comfort when you need it, and my adoption friend McCall couldn't have expressed it any better in her blog post Friday. I know that some people don't agree with adoption, and definitely don't agree with fundraising for adoption. And that is ok. It is hard for me to wrap my head around most days. But as for me and my family, we are going to serve the Lord. And the Lord has planted in us a love for a child that doesn't have parents to show her the love of Jesus. A child that lives in Africa. A child that lives in Ethiopia to be exact.

And we are going to bring her home.

So... please bear with me over the next several months as I drive you crazy with fundraisers on the blog. God is such a great provider, and I can't tell you how blessed we have already been financially in funding this adoption. He has provided every milestone we have needed to fund. It has seriously been nothing short of miraculous.

But there's more coming. BIG milestones. We are excited, humbled, and putting aside our pride.

Please join us. We need your prayers. We need you before we bring Matsy Grace home. We need you after we bring her home.

I will instruct you and teach you in the way you should go; I will counsel you with my loving eye on you. -Psalm 32:8

A person's steps are directed by the Lord. How then can anyone understand their own way? -Proverbs 20:24

When the Spirit of truth comes, He will guide you into all truth. - John 16:13a

No comments:

Post a Comment