Saturday, April 6, 2013

Update and Prayers Needed!


Before I get started with our update, I just wanted to remind everyone that I am turning in our 1st t-shirt order on WEDNESDAY!! Let me know if you have not ordered one and would like to! We will also be having an adoption yard sale on May 11 if you would like to make any donations to the sale or shop the yard sale! More details to come soon! 

Well, we got a call from our family coordinator yesterday. Phone calls make me both excited and nervous! While she talked me through our next several steps, I tried not to get too overwhelmed! I had in my head that they would put off a lot of our next steps until after Micah gets here. I figured it would take longer to get our dossier compiled and sent off. Well... that's not so! Our agency wants us on the ball! They want most of it done BEFORE he gets here! ---Yes! You read that correctly!!!

While I am excited to really get started on getting the million pieces of our dossier together, I haven't forgotten about our 2nd sweet baby! (Basically, he's growing growing growing and doesn't LET me forget him!) SO.. the next 8 weeks brings a large to-do list as well as a lot of excitement to the Powell household! The earlier we can get our DTE (dossier to Ethiopia), the sooner we can get on the official waitlist for our sweet little girl! I don't want to do anything to lengthen the time it takes to bring her home--so here we go!

Our prayer requests as of now:

1) God will provide us with the energy and brains for the next 8 weeks to prepare for the arrival of our sweet Micah AND Matsy Grace! If you know us personally, you know that we are quite the laid back parents. We don't stress about much with Noah. (Today, he wanted to eat his banana off of the grass instead of his plate while we were having a picnic outside. Well, a few bites of banana-grass-dirt pie later, I heard a big "MMMMM!!" Ok, my child likes dirt. For now, I'm not sweating the small stuff.) This also means that I haven't been that perfect OCD mom who has her life together and everything ready for her babies' arrival by the time she's 20 weeks pregnant. We still have a few things to get done for Micah. Please pray that God will give us strength to sustain these next 8 weeks and get everything done we need to do!

2) With the submission of our dossier to Ethiopia comes our dossier submission fee. This is the largest fee we will have to pay before we get our referral (the phone call saying we have been matched with our daughter!!) With our time frames being pushed up a little, this means less time to fundraise. Within this, we have several requests. Please pray that we have continue to have the faith to believe that the Lord will continue to provide! Please pray that God will send His people to us with open hearts to support this mission. Last, please pray that God grant us with the wisdom to fundraise for His glory!

3) Please pray that we always seek God's guidance and direction in raising our children. If you have kids, you know that it takes a village! I firmly believe it also takes the prayers of the village as well!!

"And pray in the Spirit on all occasions with all kinds of prayers and requests. With this in mind, be alert and always keep on praying for all the Lord's people." 
Ephesians 6:17

"Likewise the Spirit helps us in our weakness. For we do not know what to pray for as we ought, but the Spirit himself intercedes for us with groanings too deep for words." 
Romans 8:26



No comments:

Post a Comment