Sunday, March 31, 2013

Remember the GOOD Days.

This morning I woke up early so I could do several things. Of course, the Easter bunny needed to stop by for a visit (Yes I am a slacking bunny. This pregnant lady retired early last night.). I wanted to pick up the house a little. After being at my parents for 2 days and bringing in our bags, our house looked a bit like a tornado came through. Don't judge. As soon as it all gets picked up, a sweet little 13 month old will make it look that way again instantly, so what's the rush? I wanted to cook Easter lunch. Since I'm not accustomed to cooking on Sundays, this was going to take some time. Most of all, I wanted to read the great Resurrection!

On Friday, I was reading the story of Jesus' death. My heart began to hurt. It was a sad day. A bad day. An awful day. A day that has made my heart be filled with overwhelming guilt since Friday. A day that  Jesus Christ died. A day that he took on MY sins. To call it Good Friday is sometimes baffling to me. But...it was a GOOD day.

I purposely waited until this morning to read about the Resurrection. My hurting heart was filled with JOY as I was reminded that the same Jesus that died for me...ROSE. He defeated death. He made the impossible possible. It was a GOOD day.

My sweet husband has the best heart. I was so blessed to worship with him this morning as he preached his first Easter sermon! He sermon was entitled "The tomb is EMPTY...but do we believe it?" (You can listen Here. The first part is a Scripture reading but the sermon begins right after that.) It is a struggle every day to live like we believe we serve a risen Savior. I am thankful to be reminded of how blessed I am that he DID rise. Today is a GOOD day.


No comments:

Post a Comment