Sunday, March 23, 2014

Blessed to Wait




But they who wait for the Lord shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings like eagles; they shall run and not be weary; they shall walk and not faint. Isaiah 40:31 

I believe that I shall look upon the goodness of the Lord in the land of the living! Wait for the Lord; be strong, and let your heart take courage; wait for the Lord! Psalm 27:13-14

Be patient, therefore, brothers, until the coming of the Lord. See how the farmer waits for the precious fruit of the earth, being patient about it, until it receives the early and the late rains. You also, be patient. Establish your hearts, for the coming of the Lord is at hand. James 5:7-8

Our soul waits for the Lord; he is our help and our shield. For our heart is glad in him, because we trust in his holy name. Let your steadfast love, O Lord, be upon us, even as we hope in you. Psalm 33:20-22



Therefore the Lord waits to be gracious to you, and therefore he exalts himself to show mercy to you. For the Lord is a God of justice; blessed are all those who wait for him. Isaiah 30:18


The Lord is good to those who wait for him, to the soul who seeks him. Lamentations 3:25

Behold, we consider those blessed who remained steadfast. You have heard of the steadfastness of Job, and you have seen the purpose of the Lord, how the Lord is compassionate and merciful. James 5:11

I wait for the Lord, my soul waits, and in his word I hope; my soul waits for the Lord more than watchmen for the morning, more than watchmen for the morning. Psalm 130: 5-6

Wait for the Lord; be strong, and let your heart take courage; wait for the Lord! Psalm 27:14

I waited patiently for the Lord; he inclined to me and heard my cry. He drew me up from the pit of destruction, out of the miry bog, and set my feet upon a rock, making my steps secure. He put a new song in my mouth, a song of praise to our God. Many will see and fear, and put their trust in theLord. Blessed is the man who makes the Lord his trust, who does not turn to the proud, to those who go astray after a lie! You have multiplied, O Lord my God, your wondrous deeds and your thoughts toward us; none can compare with you! I will proclaim and tell of them, yet they are more than can be told. Psalm 40:1-17

But as for me, I will look to the Lord; I will wait for the God of my salvation; my God will hear me. Micah 7:7



We spend so much of our life waiting.

Waiting is hard. 

It's hard to wait in a grocery line. Or wait on a website to load. Or wait at a red light. Or wait on food in a restaurant. Or wait on the latest movie to come out. Or wait on that dream job. Or wait on finding the right mate. Or wait on the huge break in our career. Or wait on the next stage in life. 

Or wait...

.... on a child. 

I have really been struggling lately with waiting. As a matter of fact, if you look through the texts I send to my husband, on multiple occasions over the past few weeks you will find me saying... I'm ready to fly to Africa and pick up Matsy Grace TODAY. 

I don't want to wait on this process. 

It's hard, and honestly, some days I don't love it.

BUT...
Isn't it amazing that the God of Abraham, the God of Jacob, the God of David, the God of Micah, the God of Isaiah, the God of Matthew, Mark, Luke and John, the God of Paul, the God of this universe and the God of you and me talks about waiting?!?

He knew before he ever created me that waiting is hard. But he tells us we are BLESSED when we WAIT!?! 

It's so crazy to me to think how often I look at my material blessings, everything I HAVE and say... wow, I'm so blessed. 

The Lord said we are blessed when we wait. 

Plain and simple. 

Waiting=Blessed. 

Be intentional about finding blessings in whatever you are waiting on today. The Lord considers you blessed and highly favored!!






No comments:

Post a Comment