Monday, March 25, 2013

MY Help COMES from the LORD!


My help comes from the Lord, the Maker of Heaven and earth! Psalm 121:2
The voice of the Lord is powerful; the voice of the Lord is majestic. Psalm 29:4
Your love, Lord, reaches to the heavens; your faithfulness to the skies. Psalm 36:5
For the word of the Lord is right and true; He is faithful in ALL He does. Psalm 33:4

We have prayed and prayed for our child, our journey to bring her home, and all of the other orphans that we, unfortunately, won't bring home. We have prayed and prayed that this journey will awaken a movement in other Christians to live out scriptures like James 1:27 and Micah 6:8- however that may look in their life. It will look different than how it looks in our life, but we pray that others who have never thought they were called to action will ACT! How easy is it to ignore verses that call us to action but follow so strictly those verses that explicitly tell us what NOT to do? 

Through all of our prayers, we haven't doubted that God is the pilot of this journey. But SERIOUSLY, this weekend and today, I have felt like God was speaking directly to me saying- HERE I AM! I AM POWERFUL. I AM YOUR HELPER. HERE I AM! SEE ME? 

I can truly say, through the work of His people, I HAVE SEEN HIM! 

We have been so blessed. We have received a few donations, some small and some larger, that make you just sit back and PRAISE GOD for the people He places in your life! We are truly blessed. We cannot thank you people enough! You ARE taking action! You ARE rescuing our sweet baby girl! 

Okay, so some MORE exciting news? A couple of weeks ago, I came across a woman's name- Megan Burns. She owns a business called She Does Justice. She is AMAZING (Not to mention the fact that she has 2 sons named Noah and Micah that are 16 months apart and has adopted a child from Africa!). Not only is her company awesome because they make some of the cutest products, but they GIVE BACK! Part of their proceeds go EVERY MONTH to a different Christian non-profit. This month, they are giving to SOLE HOPE, who teaches men and women of Uganda to sew shoes. So, they are not only giving shoes to those who TRULY NEED THEM, but they are teaching them a trade that will enable them to earn a living! Check them out. 

Back to Megan and She Does Justice. This is their About Us: She Does Justice is an advocate for those who need one. It is a space where organizations who are working for the good of others are recognized. It is a community of people who want to show love to the 'least of these'. A place where we strive to show those in need that they are known and loved.

I LOVE THAT! 

Anyways...She Does Justice partners with a certain number of affiliates to help with adoption costs. I e-mailed her not sure that I would be able to do this since there are only a certain number. But guess what, God heard my prayer and blessed us through Megan and this company! A percentage of each sale, when using our link, goes to our adoption account!! My personal favorites are the HEADBANDS and SCARVES

So...if you have a gift to buy or are just in the market to buy, check it out:

Also...T-shirts should be for sale within the next couple of days, so check back! Our awesome graphic designer friend, Eric Abbott, designed them! I am so thankful that God gives us all our separate talents- his is DEFINITELY design! I can't wait to share it with all of you! 

Now that I am way behind cooking desserts for our young adult Bible Study tonight, I am on to important things like brownies and cake :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment