Wednesday, March 13, 2013

the Beach

This week we are so blessed to be spending time with our sweet friends, J.D and Jennifer Byrd. J.D's parents' friends own a condo in FL, and they were so kind to let us use it for the week. Since Jennifer is due with their sweet baby girl, Conley, 13 days before I'm due to have Micah, it has been fun to have someone join me in being a beached whale :) We are so excited to have them join us in the crazy world of parenting! (After spending a week with Noah, I hope having a baby hasn't scared them to death!) 


I like love the beach. LOVE is the word. There's a reason God hasn't led us to live near a beach. I'd be a complete beach bum. There is no way you can sit in the sand and look as far across the ocean as the bare eye can see and not be so in love with the beauty God has created for us to enjoy! Ahhh... can you tell I LOVE the beach yet?

As I was looking across the ocean yesterday thanking God for all the ways he has blessed me, I couldn't get Matsy Grace's biological mother off my mind. At that very moment, I couldn't imagine what she was doing while I was enjoying some time off with my husband, son and friends. The adoption process brings so many unknowns. I know there is a lot we will not know about our daughter. We may not know her full family history or who she favors in her family. But I do know this... I know the love of a mother. I know how it feels to carry a child and fall completely in love and attached before the day the child is ever born. We have prayed for the day Matsy Grace is separated (for whatever reason it is) from this woman.We are so thankful for the love we know she will have for our daughter. 

So...we enjoyed a moment with Noah thinking about the special country we have fallen in love with...

 

And I'll share a couple of photos of how are week is going so far... 









No comments:

Post a Comment